Structure & Committees
The DBPNet is composed of 14 sites, one of which is the Network Coordinating Center at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
The DBPNet is governed by:
- Consists of PI and Project Manager from NCC, Research Directior, Subcommittee Leaders, and the elected Chairperson from the Steering Committee.
- Consists of PI and Project Manager from NCC, PI representative from each member site, Representative from HRSA/MCHB, and 1 member appointed by Society for Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics (SDBP).
- Research Protocol Development and Review Subcommittee (RPDRS): This Subcommittee review’s all externally submitted research protocols and makes recommendations to the Executive Committee as to whether the protocol should be sent to the Steering Committee for approval, rejected, or sent back to the investigator for further development or clarifications. This Subcommittee will also work with the Executive Committee on developing Network research proposals that will be submitted for external funding.
- Dissemination Subcommittee (DS): This Subcommittee works primarily with the Executive Committee to disseminate information about DBPNet and its research studies to DB pediatricians, psychologists, and psychiatrists through professional society newsletters, the DBPNet website, and presentations about the Network at annual meetings of professional societies. As DBPNet research is completed they will work with SDBP and investigators to ensure that research findings are disseminated to health professionals, policymakers, family members, and the greater public.
- Family Subcommittee (FS): The family subcommittee is directed by Ms. Amy Kratchman at The Network Coordinating Center and includes parents from other DBPNet Sites. These parents serve as consultants to the RPDRS and DS, work with the network on the development of research studies, and review all research summaries prior to posting to the DBPNet website.